
So I have been feeling kind of fat lately and nothing solidifies that more than what happened the other day.
I had a little incident. I am 8 months pregnant, I have a 21 lb. baby in his car seat in my right arm and his diaper bag in my left. I start to waddle up the driveway and slip and fall into the snowbank next to the driveway on top of the diaper bag. So I look around to see if anyone saw ,and I think 'nope, oh good, no one saw that.' But then I try to stand up, I cant.With Austin in my right hand and a bag in my left and a bun in the oven, I cant get my legs out to stand up, they just kept slippin and sliding all over. I looked like a whale on ice.
Now had I been a spectator, I probably would have laughed my head off, but being in the action, I just wanted to get up as quickly as possible and act like nothing ever happend. Finally after what felt like minutes I got up and started walking to the front door when all the sudden the neighbor comes running out the door saying :oh my gosh are you ok? I saw you fall and I could see you needed some help!" I was kind of embarrassed.
So to make a long story short, I have some serious motivation to get back to size if you will, come about April. Anyone interested in joining the craze?


7 comments:
The sad thing for me is that I'm not as skinny as you when you ARE pregnant and I'm not...
You truly are a beautiful momma- she will be a beautiful baby, to fit in with Austin!
I think you look great! We need to get together again SOON!
Okay, I don't feel so stupid. I was feeding Tessa last Thurs. with a food bowl in one hand and a water bowl in the other, when I slipped right on my backside on my deck. Now...I'm glad it was raining and there wasn't very many walkers on the path, because that was embarrasing and painful! Soon we'll be back to our oldselves and remember what it was like not to waddle.
I think you look beautiful. I'm so excited for you! Don't you love the coordination of pregnancy. I totally wouldn't have laughed at you although I'm LOL at your description! If you feel any better, I totally turfed it in the church parking lot today carrying Eden. I feel like the worst mom 'cause I totally chucked her in my own self defense. I felt so bad. Sad thing was, I KNOW people saw me. Good luck!
This was hilarious, Corinne. I love that you were down long enough for people to make phone calls.
Corinne, you look so cute, I'm so excited for you guys! That story was way sad...i felt so bad for you! Hope all is well :)
Corinne!! It has been so long since I have seen you. You have a son and another one on the way???? This story kind of reminded me of all of those times I almost killed you. Remember the waterfall canyon hike?? What would we have done if it wasn't for that dog???
Post a Comment