Saturday, February 11, 2012

The wild child and the moral police










A couple of weekends ago we went to the circuis and we all had so much fun. Kevin and I had never been to the circuis and neither had our children. At the beginning you can go up and see some of the animals and take an elephant ride, or take pictures with a black bear, but once the show started thats when it got fun. To say Mercedes loved it is an understatement. She was clapping and screaming and jumping and just really getting into it. Autin on the other hand looked like he was having an anxiety attack. He kept saying things to me like. "Mom, why is that man in the cage with the tigers? Doesn't he know they will EAT HIM!" or "Mom, why is he on that rope so high, he will fall down and hurt himself!" My favorite comment of the night was "MOM! Those girls bums are hanging out! and Jesus wouldn't like that AT ALL!!" That one made me laugh. Yes, the show girls sparkly leatards were riding up, but how do you explain things like that to a kid? So I tried to just tell him to relax, sit on my lap and enjoy the show because these people train so hard to show us their tricks. After that he did calm down, but I don't think he ever got into it like Mercedes did.






1 comment:

btuck said...

I'm cracking up about the "bums hanging out" comment - you have taught your kids well!!! Trisha