So, I know I just referred to myself in the third person in the title, but I just wanted to get my point across. Oh Yes, I did it! Skydiving has been on my bucket list since I can remember, and last Christmas, Kevin got me a voucher for a skydive. So this summer a friend and I did it. Brandon Tucker and I jumped this morning. This is because Kevin and Trisha said they would rather not. Not that I can blame them, it is freakin scary. However, talking to the guy that jumped tandem with me, he said he has jumped over 8,000 times. So at that point I quit being scared of dying, and just became nervouse to jump out of the airplane. We saddled up, boarded the plane, got above the clouds and it was time. What shocked me was how fast we all fell out of the plane. We all droped out one after another like dead flies. I was near tears...peeing my pants...what have you. Anyways, we fell out of the side of the plane and the only thing that kept going through my mind was "this is happening, this is really happening. I am falling at 120 mph towards the ground." It was awesome. I totally forgot everything the instructor told me to do, so it was a good thing he had control. After a 60 second free fall our shoot opened and that was a nice gentle ride down back to the hanger. It was awesome. But...I would never do it solo. No way. My mind went blank.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good for you!!!!!! I don't think I could ever willingly jump out of a perfectly good plane, though.
Post a Comment